East Memorial Christian AcademyEast Memorial Christian Academy
EMCA is a East Memorial Baptist Church ministry. Our School is composed of two divisions: elementary, which includes K4-5th grades and secondary, which includes 6th – 12th grades. The secondary level is further divided into middle school (6th – 8th grade) and high school (9th -12th grade) categories. High school enrollment for 2011-2012 was 148 students and total enrollment was 275 students. The school opened in the fall of 2003 and graduated its first senior class in the spring of 2006. East Memorial Christian Academy is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and holds membership in The Alabama Association of Independent Schools.
EMCA has been named a “Blue Ribbon School” by the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA). A BLUE RIBBON school exemplifies excellence in teaching, student performance, school life, and school and community interaction. A BLUE RIBBON award winner is an excellent school involved in an on-going process of school improvement. The Alabama Independent School Association awards a BLUE RIBBON to schools that meet and/or exceed the following criteria.
• Accredited with no deficiencies noted or outstanding.
• All professional staff meets or exceeds the SACS/AISA professional criteria.
• SAT performance meets and/or exceeds the AISA complete battery average (60%) in grades 2, 4, 6, and 8; and/or AISA complete battery overall average is higher than the school's national ability overall average score.
• Extra-curricular opportunities in all of the following areas:
o Academic competition
o Athletic competition
o Arts competition
o Clubs and organizations
o Community Service
• Excellent physical appearance of school (buildings and grounds).
• No sanctions placed on the school within the past twelve months.
• On-going process of school improvement. A school improvement plan is required.
• A school-wide technology plan must be developed and implemented -- Internet access to faculty and students; all students with Alabama Virtual Library cards; designated (not shared) school web-site; media center with Internet access; a computer curriculum for all grades (K5 - 12), this may be included in the technology plan; and an adequate number of computers for school student population.
• EMCA has been awarded the AISA Blue Ribbon for 3 consecutive years, 2009-2012.
Check us out on the web: